- Jonah Scolaro
- United States
- Opening Day Age
- Bradenton, Fla.
- Current Team
• Signed with the Rockers on June 13 after completing his season at Florida State
• Making his professional debut with the High Point Rockers
• Helped Florida State to a Top 10 national ranking (No. 7, 3/28)
• Posted wins over Cal (3/4), Jacksonville (5/10)
• Had three saves and a team-high 28 saves
• Made 26 of his 28 saves in relief
• Played for the recently-dismissed head coach Mike Martin, Jr.
• Led the ACC with 31 appearances
• Was a Cape Cod League All-Star while pitching for the Hyannis Harbor Hawks
• Fanned 26 batters in 23.2 innings for the Seminoles
• His 31 appearances were tied for 12th-most in the nation
• Posted a 2.28 ERA with one save, that coming in the ACC Tournament against Miami
• Fanned 11 batters in six innings of work over eight appearances as a junior
• Posted a 4.50 ERA
• Season was shortened due to Covid-19
• Appeared in 26 games for Florida State, posting a 3-2 record with a 4.69 ERA and two saves
• Became the first player in 50 years at the CWS to face at least six batters and strike out all six (vs. Texas Tech)
• Also struck out six against Wake Forest in a career-long four innings of work
• Saves came against Wake Forest and Louisville
• Posted wins vs. Boston College, Stetson and Pitt
• Pitched for the Hyannis Harbor Hawks in the Cape Cod League
• Earned Freshman All-America honors from Collegiate Baseball
• Led the Seminoles with six saves in 27 relief appearances
• Five of his six saves were at least three innings
• Earned the win in relief of Florida State’s win over Louisville to win the 2018 ACC Championship
• Started his collegiate career with six shutout innings out of the bullpen
• Graduated from Durant High in Valrico, Florida
• Posted a 5-2 record with a 1.05 ERA and 85 strikeouts in just 45 innings as a senior
• Set the Durant record for career strikeouts with 306
• Four-time All-county selection and honorable mention All-American
• Hit .385 with nine doubles, two triples and a pair of home runs
• Named second team All-Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
• Tossed a no-hitter in the Class 8A-Distrcit 6 semifinals against Riverview while striking out 13
• Named a Tampa Tribune Athlete of the Week for his no-hitter
• Went 2-for-4 with an RBI and a run scored in the district final win over Plant City
• Named third team All-Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
• Hit .343 while going 9-1 with a 1.24 ERA and 92 strikeouts for Durant High.
• Helped the Cougars to the state semifinals as a sophomore.
• Played for Coach Butch Valdes.
• Led the team in hitting as well with a .354 average.
• Jonah Michael Scolaro
• Father, Donny, spent two years n the Houston Astros organization as an infielder after being a 22nd round pick in 1994.