EMPLOYMENT & INTERNSHIPS
Looking for an exciting job in the fast-paced world of professional sports?! Join the High Point Rockers and be a part of the future of baseball in High Point.
All available full-time positions, including internships, are listed on TeamWork Online, as well as below. Please email us your resume and cover letter and include in the subject what position you are applying for.
If you are looking for a part-time or seasonal job, search the list of opportunities below and email us your completed application (link below).
To work in our concessions stands, email Spectra Food Services & Hospitality!
Responsible for maintaining all accounting, record keeping, and administrative functions of the High Point Rockers. Candidate must be well organized, energetic, enthusiastic, and the ability to prioritize and show attention to detail in a fast-paced, stressful environment. This is a full-time position beginning in November 2021.
Reports Directly To: President and/or General Manager
- Cash handling to assist with the reconciliation of Game Day cash and creating bank deposits.
- Management and reconciliation of bank accounts and petty cash fund.
- Data entry of accounts payable (AP) invoices; matching AP checks to back-up for accounting approval; mailing signed checks and filing back-up for audit records; etc.
- Maintain and produce payments for monthly recurring charges
- Identify where to accrue for North Carolina Sales/Use Tax on vendor invoices
- Data entry of accounts receivable (AR); billing sponsorship invoices; keying sponsorship and non-AR cash deposits; filing back-up for audit records; etc.
- Deposit (AR) checks in the bank account, apply payments towards their associated invoice in accounting software; etc.
- Review and maintain the AR Aging weekly for outstanding accounts and adhere to the AR process; mail out monthly customer statements; etc.
- Reconcile and review daily ticket reports and merchandise reports.
- Assist with Human Resources, employee files, and banking operations.
- Other tasks within the realm of Minor League Baseball as assigned by the President or General Manager.
- File and pay sales and use tax permit for the State of North Carolina.
The High Point Rockers have created a buzz in the Piedmont Triad, North Carolina, and across the nation. With a brand new, state-of-the-art stadium, this professional baseball team is looking for energetic and motivated individuals to join their sales team. This is a full-time position with a responsibility to actively prospect and sell the team, along with other events, to the community through season tickets, mini-plans, group/hospitality packages, corporate partnerships, and more.
Reports Directly To: Director of Sales
- Effectively promote and sell tickets, group/hospitality packages, and upgrades for Rockers home games and other events at Truist Point to Renewal Accounts and New Customers.
- Generate sales through outbound telephone calls, outside appointments and other communication methods.
- Develop referrals and leads through networking, cold calling, prospecting and other techniques.
- Reach and exceed weekly, monthly, and yearly sales goals.
- Retain and maximize a portfolio of Rockers clients, including but not limited to: Season Ticket Holders, corporate clients, and group leaders.
- Maintain and produce accurate reports regarding sales, appointments, and prospecting calls.
- Knowledge of High Point & Piedmont Triad region for group and premium business to business ticket and fan experience sales using both company provided data and that developed from personal experiences.
- Help develop a sales plan utilizing the corporate inventory to effectively increase the company’s revenue amongst hospitality areas and B2B sales.
- Work with members of senior management team to manage relationships with outside vendors and corporate partners related to the sale of corporate packages.
- Provide superior customer service in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work and perform assigned duties during home games, outside events, and community events at a high level.
- Attend and contribute to weekly sales team meetings.
- Communicate across all areas of the company, including Box Office, Promotions, Marketing, Public Relations, Community Events, Operations, etc.
- Other duties related to Minor League as assigned by Director of Ticket Sales, General Manager, or Team President.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sport Management, Sales, Marketing or related field
- Experience and desire to excel in sales
- Minimum of one (1) year of proven sales experience in the sports or entertainment industry preferred
- Ability to work as both an individual and team member to achieve sales goals
- Ability to hand multiple projects, meet deadlines, and achieve objectives
- Strong planning and organizational skills a must
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Programs
- Experience with a CRM program is a plus
- Knowledge of and interest in the Atlantic League and/or baseball industry a plus
- Salary commensurate with experience and capabilities
- Health Insurance program available
- Departmental bonus and incentive options
- Commission tied to direct sales efforts
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Email us for more information or click here to apply directly!
The High Point Rockers are now accepting applications for our 2022 spring, summer and fall internships. Interns get to work in a variety of roles throughout the season, learning about various aspect of baseball including Sales, Media Relations, Facility Operations, Promotions/Marketing, and so much more.
Email us at [email protected] and tell us a little bit about you and why you want to be a part of professional sports.
Available internships include:
- Game Day/Promotions
- Media Relations
- Special Events
- Human Resources
- Community Relations
- Ticket Operations
- Facility Operations
- Clubhouse Operations (Equipment Management)
- Baseball Operations