- Tyler Ladendorf
- United States
- Opening Day Age
- Des Plaines, IL
- Current Team
COLLEGE: Howard Junior College
HIGH SCHOOL: Maine West HS, Des Plaines, Ill.
DRAFT: 2nd round (60 overall), 2008, Minnesota Twins
• Returns to the Rockers in 2022 after having played in High Point in 2019 and in the Cubs organization in 2021.
• Has spent parts of three seasons in MLB with the Oakland A’s and Chicago Cubs
• Has spent 14 seasons as a professional, playing in over 1,000 games with a .246 career average with 74 home runs and 430 RBI.
• Pitched in one game with Oakland, going one inning with one hit and one walk.
• Returned to Majors the final weekend of the regular season, going 0-1 as a pinch-hitter. It was his first MLB appearance since 2016.
• Contract selected by Chicago Cubs before 2021 ALPB season, spent season with AAA Iowa and hit .241 with 8 HR.
• Named as an assistant baseball coach at Marshall University, 3/9/21.
• Played with the Chicago Dogs (American Association) hitting .223 and tied career-high with 13 home runs while adding 38 RBI in 55 games.
• Played with the ROCKERS and made the Atlantic League All-Star team.
• Hit .256 and set career-high with 13 home runs while adding 44 RBI.
• Contract purchased by Tampa Bay 7/26/19, released 9/13/19 and signed back with ROCKERS on 9/14/19.
• Owns multiple “firsts” in Rockers franchise history including first hit, first run scored, first home run, first walk-off homer.
• Signed with Toronto Blue Jays and played at AAA Vancouver (International).
• Traded to Arizona Diamondbacks 5/28/18.
• Signed with Chicago White Sox as free agent and assigned to AAA Charlotte (International).
• Played in 60 games and hit .250 with two home runs and 21 RBI while stealing four bases.
• Became a free agent following the season.
• Played 45 games with Oakland and hit .083 (4 for 48).
• Hit .234 in 35 games at AAA Nashville (Pacific Coast) with one home run and six RBI.
• Became a free agent at the end of the season.
• Opened the season with the Oakland A’s before being sent to AAA Nashville 4/12/15.
• Recalled from Nashville 5/22/15, returned to Nashville 8/21/15 and returned to Oakland 9/1/15.
• Played in nine games at the MLB level with .235 average (4 for 17) with two RBI and 3 runs.
• Underwent left ankle surgery and had multiple rehab assignments during the year.
• Spent entire season at AAA Sacramento (PCL) and hit .297 with two home runs and 43 RBI in 78 games.
• Played in 91 games between AA Midland (83 games) and AAA Sacramento (8 games) … Hit .248 with six home runs and 42 RBI
• Spent entire season at AA Midland and hit .240 with career-best nine home runs and 54 RBI.
• Began season at AA Midland (Texas) before promoted to AAA Sacramento 9/2/11 … Hit .224 with six home runs and 36 RBI between Stockton and Sacramento.
• Played majority of season at A+ Stockton (California) but also played four games with AAA Sacramento (PCL).
• Combined to hit .270 with five home runs, 41 RBI and 20 stolen bases … Had 30 doubles in 126 games with Stockton.
• Started season at Rookie Elizabethton (Appalachian) before promoted to A Beloit 7/11/09 after hitting .410 in the Appy League.
• Traded to Oakland for SS Orlando Cabrera and assigned to A Kane County (Midwest) 7/31/09.
• Combined, hit .275 in 67 games with six home runs and 36 RBI.
2008 (Howard JC/Minnesota Twins)
• Selected in second round of the 2008 MLB Draft by the Minnesota Twins, the 60th player taken overall.
• Started career at Minnesota’s Gulf Coast League Rookie team where ht hit .204 with one home run and 13 RBI while stealing six bases.
2007 (Howard JC)
• Selected by the San Francisco Giants in the MLB Draft out of Howard Junior College.
• Named to the Texas Collegiate League All-League Team while playing for the Denton Outlaws.
2006 (Maine West HS)
• Named first team All-Chicago Tribune at shortstop after hitting .495 with eight triples and 49 runs scored.
• Taken in the 34th round of the MLB Draft by the New York Yankees.
2004 (Maine West HS)
• Led Maine West to the Central Suburban League North baseball championship.
• Had 88 yards rushing and 114 yards receiving and scored the game-winning TD in a 38-35 win over Highland Park (10/1/04).
• Threw four innings of 2-hit ball in leading the Northwest Travelers to a 10-4 win over the Algonquin Warriors.
• Tyler James Ladendorf