- Neil Uskali
- United States
- Opening Day Age
- Westlake Village, CA
- Current Team
HIGH SCHOOL: Westlake HS (Westlake Village, Calif.)
• Other than youth baseball, did not play baseball until his senior year of high school when he tried out for the team and pitched 5.2 innings
• Played at the same high school as Christian Yelich
• In eight outings with High Point (3 starts), was 2-1 with a 4.26 ERA in 12.2 innings.
• Made four appearances with Missoula of the Pioneer League prior to signing with High Point.
• Played in the California Winter League (Jan/Feb) before signing with the Gateway Grizzlies of the Frontier League.
• Posted a 3-1 record with a 1.96 ERA in 21.1 innings with 27 strikeouts
• Following the postponement of the 2020 season, trailed at Reidt Fitness in Costa Mesa, CA with Albert Pujols, Michael Lorenzen and other MLB players.
• Did not play while rehabbing from Tommy John surgery
• Was 6-2 in 11 games (10 starts) for Hawaii with a 4.12 ERA.
• Tossed one complete game vs. Illinois State and struck out 32 hitters in 54.2 innings.
• Also posted wins against Seton Hall, UC Irvine and UC Davis
• Underwent Tommy John surgery as a senior
• Went 6-4 in 13 starts as a junior for the University of Hawaii, posting a 3.59 ERA…Thew one shutout while throwing with a partial UCL tear.
• Threw 82.2 innings and fanned 44 while walking just 16.
• Earned his first career win against San Francisco (2/25/2017), allowing just two runs on six hits with two strikeouts in seven innings.
• Tossed a complete game shutout at Minnesota (3/4/2017) to earn All-Tournament honors.
• Posted a win over Sacred Heart (3/11/17).
• Struck out a career-high seven hitters without a walk in a win against Nevada (4/2/2017).
• Scored a win over UC Davis (4/23/17) with 8.1 innings, six strikeouts and no walks while allowing just one run on five hits
• Played two seasons at Cuesta College in San Luis Obispo, helping the club to the 2016 Western State Conference North Championship.
• Named first team All-WSC aftger going 7-3 with a 2.63 ERA in 12 appearances (10 starts) as a sophomore.
• Second on the team with 82 strikeouts while issuing just seven walks in 75.3 innings.
• Threw three complete games and two shutouts while averaging 9.8 strikeouts per nine innings.
• Named Cuesta College Athlete of the Month in April 2016 after going 4-0 in the month with double-digit strikeouts in each start and a 1.04 ERA in 33 innings.
• As a freshman in 2015, saw only three innings of action.
• Graduated from Westlake High School where he played one year of baseball and four years of football.
• Didn’t play baseball until his senior season as he pitched in seven games with a 5.53 ERA and one save.
• Helped WHS football team to the 2011 CIF Southern Section Championship and state Open Division runner-up finish.
• Played quarterback and received second team All-Marmonte League honors and was the team’s co-Offensive Player of the Year in 2012.
• Threw for a record 392 yards vs. Del Oro in 2012.
• Following his senior year, decided to pursue baseball full-time and chose the junior college route to enhance his profile
• Earned BA degree from Hawaii in 2018