- Mike Gulino
- United States
- Opening Day Age
- Meridien, CT
- Current Team
COLLEGE: Pace University
HIGH SCHOOL: Maloney High, Meriden, Conn.
- Signed with the ROCKERS on June 22, 2021
- Is playing in the Atlantic League for the first time after spending parts of three seasons in the Frontier League and American Association
- Hit .297 as a collegian at Pace University and is among their all-time offensive leaders in a number of categories.
- Played nine games with Tri-City of the Frontier League (.276/0/3) and six games with Winnipeg of the American Association (.308/0/1).
- Joined the Rockers on 6/22.
- Hit .229 in 40 games with two home runs and 17 RBI.
- Had season-best three hits at Lexington (8/3/21) and matched season-high with two runs scored in the same game.
- Drove in a pair of runs in his third game as a Rocker on 6/29/21 with a sac fly and an RBI single.
- Hit a three-run homer in the eighth inning of an 8-2 win over Charleston (7/30/21).
- Played with Florence, Ky. in the Battle of the Bourbon Trail.
- Member of the Florence, Ky. Y’Alls of the Frontier League where he hit .268 in 22 games with one homer and 12 RBI.
- Suffered a traumatic neck injury that was shattered in a baseline collision with the opposing catcher.
- Was caught in a rundown and dove to sneak between the catcher’s legs but hit his head on the shin guard and suffered the neck injury.
- Underwent surgery to repair the C5 vertebrae that was shattered in the collision.
- The surgery involved fusing the C4 and C6 vertebrae to bridge the gap where the C5 used to be.
- Wore a neck brace for 12 weeks and underwent months of rehab.
- Finished his career at Pace No., 11 in school history with 192 career hits … Ranked No. 10 with 36 doubles, No. 8 with seven triples, No. 5 with 127 RBI, and No. 13 in runs scored with 123
- A three-time All-Northeast 10 conference selection.
- Signed with the Cleburne Railroaders following his college career.
- Played 29 games for the Railroaders with a .240 average, three home runs and 16 RBI.
- Utilized not just as a catcher but as a utility player logging time in LF, RF, CF, 1B and 3B.
- Graduated from Pace with a degree in sports marketing.
- Had his best season as a collegian, batting .345 with six home runs and 36 RBI.
- Hit .284 with two home runs and 12 RBI in 36 games for North Adams in the New England Collegiate Summer League.
- Hit .306 with five home runs and 36 RBI in 52 games for Pace.
- Hit .229 with one home run and 12 RBI as a freshman at Pace University.
- Received the Robert W. Kuhn, Jr. Memorial Baseball Award that is presented to a Maloney High player for athletic achievement, sportsmanship and leadership.
- Named as the top scholar-athlete at Maloney High by the Hartford Courant.
- Also played basketball and was the football quarterback at Maloney.
- Member of the Yalesville Lightning travel baseball team that won the Surf’s Up Tournament at the Ripken Experience in Myrtle Beach, SC.
- Michael Rosario Gulino