- John Daly
- United States
- Opening Day Age
- Nyack, NY
- Current Team
• Signed with the Rockers in March 2023 prior to spring training
• Started the season on the inactive list with a pulled hamstring suffered during spring training
• Moved off the Inactive List on 5/6/23 and added to the active roster
• Noted two-sport athlete in high school and junior college… An outstanding wide receiver
• As a senior at the University of Albany, hit .297 with five home runs and 32 RBI.
• Slashed .387/.497/.884 in his final college season for the Great Danes
• Roped three doubles vs. UMass Lowell 5/1/22)
• Was second on the club with 40 runs scored and 10 stolen bases while leading the team with three triples
• Had 20 multi-hit games and led the team with 10 multi-RBI games.
• Went on to play 16 games for Bakersfield, CA in the Pecos League, hitting .353 with two home runs and 11 RBI
• Added four doubles, a triple and four stolen bases
• Slashed .534/.588/1.122 with Bakersfield
• Appeared in 47 games for SUNY Albany, hitting .248 with four doubles, three triples, three homers and 22 RBI to go with 14 stolen bases
• Ranked eighth in the America East conference in walks and ninth in stolen bases
• Went 3-for-5 with an RBI at Central Connecticut State
• Had three RBI and a triple vs. NJIT on 3/21/21.
• Appeared in 11 games and made seven starts in the outfield.
• Had five hits and five RBI, four runs scored and three stolen bases on the year
Went 3-for-4 with three RBI and a run scored at Norfolk State (3/7/20)
• Made his UAlbany debut at Arizona (2/14/20)
• Remainder of the season was cut short by COVID-19
• Was a third team All-American at Rockland Community College, earning a pair of all-conference honors and conference player of the year recognition
• Posted a career line of .395 average, 18 doubles, 11 triples and eight home runs.
• Was the top receiver at Hudson Valley Community College for a second straight year with 44 receptions for 616 yards and six touchdowns and a long reception of 72 yards
• Ranked second on the team with 616 all-purpose yards
• Set the school record with 13 receptions in a game against Nassau CC in 2018. His 212 receiving yards were the second-most ever in game by Viking
• Set the HVCC record with 88 career receptions and has the third-most receiving yards with 1,145
• Tied the school record with three touchdown receptions in a game
• Played football at Hudson Valley Community College where he led the Vikings with 44 catches for 529 yards and scored a pair of touchdowns
• Led the team with 545 all-purpose yards
• Also played baseball and was named to the all-region first team and the all-tournament team
• Named third team all-state, all-county and all-league at Tappan Zee High in baseball
• Earned all-conference, all-county and all-league honors in football
• John Michael Daly