- Bryce Hensley
- United States
- Opening Day Age
- Asheville, NC
- Current Team
COLLEGE: UNCG/Catawba Valley CC
HIGH SCHOOL: A.C. Reynolds HS, Asheville, N.C.
DRAFT: 22nd round (662 overall), 2018, Kansas City Royals
• Talented singer/songwriter who released his EP, “Small Town Dreams” in the summer of 2021 and opened for country star Jake Owen in Akron on 6/22/21.
• Has a first album, “Redneck Reasons,” that was released this spring
• Has a website www.BryceHensley.com where his music is available as well as on all streaming platforms
• Holds the Rockers’ club record with 76 career appearances
• Transitioned from starter to bullpen and led the club with 51 appearances, all in relief
• Posted a 2-2 record with a 3.90 ERA, over two runs better than in 2021 as a starter
• Led the club with 10 holds and his 67 innings were the most of any Rocker out of the bullpen
• Had a pair of 3-inning outings, at Lancaster (7.13.22) and vs. Lexington (8.25.22), registering a season-high four strikeouts in each contest
• Allowed one run or fewer in 40 of his 51 appearances and 34 of his outings were scoreless
* Had 8.1 consecutive scoreless innings over six outings between 4/26/22 and 5/10/22
• Had nine consecutive scoreless innings over seven outings from 6/10/22 an d 6/26/22
• Posted a 0.00 ERA over eight outings in June 2022, allowing just seven hits and one unearned run
• Appeared in four postseason games, throwing 4.1 innings and allowing eight hits while striking out four
- Posted a 6-9 record with a 6.07 ERA in his first year with the Rockers.
- Set the franchise record with two compete games, vs Lexington (7/17) and at Gastonia (7/29), throwing six innings vs. the Legends and eight vs. the Honey Hunters.
- Struggled with Lexington, posting a 1-5 record with a 9.27 ERA (34 ER in 33 IP vs Lexington) while going 5-4 with a 4.73 ERA against the rest of the Atlantic League
- Was 2-0 vs. York and also posted wins against Charleston, Southern Maryland and Gastonia.
- Was 4-2 with a 3.38 at Truist Point and 2-7 with an 8.63 in away games.
- Went 3-2 in August with a 2.76 ERA, the best ERA in the ALPB that month among pitchers with multiple starts.
- Performed in a post-game concert on 9/11/21.
- Season canceled due to Covid-19.
- A talented musician, he used the time off from baseball to record his first single, ‘Growin’ Up in Me,” and it was well-received on multiple music platforms including Insatgram, Spotify and YouTube.
- “Growin’ Up on Me” currently has over 172,000 plays on Spotify.
- Split time between A Lexington (South Atlantic) and AA Northwest Arkansas (Texas).
- Was a combined 1-3 with a 2.97 ERA in 16 appearances.
- Started five games and threw 66.2 innings with 38 strikeouts, 15 walks, and 69 hits with 22 earned runs.
2018 (UNCG/Kansas City)
- Drafted in 22nd round of MLB Draft by Kansas City Royals
- Concluded three-year career at UNCG with 18-13 record and 4.96 ERA in 50 appearances, 42 starts.
- As a collegian, fanned 206 in 237.2 innings and walked just 80.
- Started professional career at A Lexington (South Atlantic) and made one appearance
- Played for the Royals in the Arizona Fall League where he went 2-0 with a 1.42 ERA (11 APP, 19 IP, 21 K, 5 BB, 15 H, 3 ER).
- Beat Georgetown 5-4 on 3/31/18 with 7 IP, 3 H, 7 K, 1 BB.
- In the top 10 at UNCG with 42 career starts and 12th with 237.2 career innings.
- Struck out 13 vs. Princeton (3/11/17) for UNCG.
- Led UNCG with 17 starts.
- Threw 7.0 innings, allowing three hits and striking out eight in his first victory of the season over Maryland Eastern Shore (Mar. 4)
- Struck out 13 hitters in 8.0 innings of work against Princeton (Mar. 11), fourth most in a single game in school history, earning his second victory
- Defeated Lafayette (Mar. 17) after throwing a 7.0 complete game striking out nine hitters and scattering three hits
- Earned a victory over ETSU (Apr. 1), going 5.0 innings, striking out two hitters in the fourth win of the season
- Notched another victory after throwing 7.0 shutout innings with two strikeouts against Furman (Apr. 7)
- Earned his sixth victory over Mercer, throwing 6.0 innings, allowing one earned run with two strikeouts in a victory over Mercer (Apr. 28)
- Earned his seventh victory after a quality start against Samford in the first round of the Southern Conference Tournament (May 25), striking out six hitters in 7.0 innings
- Started the NCAA Clemson Regional opener against the host Tigers (June 2), going 4.2 innings, striking out three.
- In his first season at UNCG, went 5-3 with a 6.32 ERA in 17 appearances (11 starts) …Struck out 44 in 62.2 innings.
2015 (Catawba Valley CC)
- Pitched at Catawba Valley CC where he tied for the team lead with seven wins and posted a 2.95 ERA … Led team with 74 strikeouts in 73.1 innings … Threw four complete games including a 10-0 no-hitter against New River CC while striking out 14.
2014 (A.C. Reynolds HS)
- Graduated from A.C. Reynolds High where he was named Atlantic Region Honorable Mention by Perfect Game.
- Earned all-state and all-conference honors while being named team MVP and Mountain Athletic Conference Pitcher of the Year.
- Was 5-4 with a 1.24 ERA as a senior with four complete games, two shutouts and 84 strikeouts.
- Bryce David Hensley