- Ben Aklinski
- United States
- Opening Day Age
- Phoenix, Arizona
- 2018, 32nd round, Philadelphia
- Current Team
COLLEGE: Phoenix College/Kentucky
HIGH SCHOOL: Greenway HS, Phoenix, Ariz.
• Signed as a free agent prior to the 2022 season and re-signed for 2023
• Was one of just two players in the Atlantic League in 2021 to rank in the top four in home runs, RBI, runs scored and extra base hits.
• Over the last two seasons, ranks second in the ALPB with 179 RBI, third in home runs with 47 and fourth with 243 base hits
• Spent the entire season with the Rockers, hitting .268 with 19 homers and 74 RBI
• Named to the ALPB Ballpark Digest Mid-Season All-Star team
• Ranked fourth in the ALPB in runs, sixth in doubles and sixth in extra base hits (55).
• Led the team in games played (121), at-bats (448), plate appearances (538), runs (93), doubles (33), walks (73), stolen bases (20)
• Led the team with 32 multi-hit games and four walk-off hits
• Tied for the team lead with two grand slams and had one of the Rockers’ two inside-the-park home runs
• Was 5-for-34 (.147) in eight postseason games with a home run, double and three RBI
• Hit an inside-the-park homer vs. Lexington 5/18/22
• Had a pair of walk-off hits vs. Staten Island in a single series including a walk-off single for 3-2 win on 5/20/22 and a 2-run HR on 5/22/22 in a 4-3 win
• Hit a walk-off grand slam 7/24/22 to beat Gastonia 7-6 at Truist Point
• Hit a walk-off sac fly to beat Lexington 5-4 on 8/24/22
- Helped the Lexington Legends win the ALPB title in their first season in the league.
- Hit .290 with 28 home runs and 105 RBI
- Finished fourth in the ALPB in homers, second in RBI, third in total bases and second in runs scored.
- Hit 10 homers in 25 August contests and knocked in 38 runs in 30 September games
- Hit a three-run homer in the final game of Lexington’s Championship Series win over Long Island
- DH and played RF in six postseason games against Charleston (Division series) and Long Island (Championship series)
- Promoted to A+ Clearwater (Florida State) and posted a .196 batting average in 51 games while fighting through injuries
- Spent time on the injured list and was assigned to multiple rehab assignments.
- Taken in the 32nd round of the 2018 MLB June Amateur Draft.
- Spent the majority of the season at A-Williamsport (New York-Penn) where he hit .255 with seven homers and 25 RBI.
- Member of the New York-Penn League All-Star team.
- Named Second-Team All-America and led Phoenix College to a Southwest District championship…Honored as NJCAA Division II Defensive Player of the Year…Named ACCAC Player of the Year…Rawlings Gold Glove winner (OF)…Ranked among nation’s top players in doubles (2nd), total bases (2nd), runs (7th), triples (13th), home runs (13th) and RBI (25th)…Appeared in 64 games, hitting .364 (87-239) with a .448 on-base percentage and .703 slugging percentage…Scored 70 runs while hitting 27 doubles, six triples, 14 home runs and driving in 61….Walked 32 times against just 29 strikeouts with 168 total bases and four steals…NJCAA Division II NJCAA World Series all-tournament team…In 2016, named Second-Team All-ACCAC…Played for Kevin Kimball.
Second-Team JUCO All-American (2017)
- NJCAA Division II Defensive PLayer of the Year (2017)
- Arizona Community College Athletic Conference Player of the Year (2017)
- Rawlings JUCO Gold Glove (2017)
- First-Team All-ACCAC (2017)
- Second-Team All-ACCAC (2016)
- Earned three letters at Greenway High School in Phoenix…Played for Matthew Denny…Won the state championship in 2014…Greenway was named Medium School National Champion by MaxPreps in 2014…Team tied state record with a 29-game win streak in 2013…Was named Second-Team All-State in 2014.
- Benjamin Tyler Aklinski
- Pronounced “Uh-klin-ski”
- Son of Laura Ideus…Has an older brother, Joe, and a twin brother, Matt
- Also played golf in high school