- Adam Choplick
- United States
- Opening Day Age
- Denton, TX
- Current Team
COLLEGE: University of Oklahoma
HIGH SCHOOL: Billy Ryan HS, Denton, Texas
DRAFT: 14th round, 2015, Texas Rangers; 32nd round, 2014, Chicago White Sox; 17th round, 2011, Arizona Diamondback
- In seven professional seasons, has 349 strikeouts in 282 innings.
- Pitched for Tabasco in the Mexican League . . . Went 0-1 with a 2.66 ERA in 23 outings . . . Had one save . . . Had 25 strikeouts and just six walks in 23.2 innings.
- Spent the season with the Chicago Dogs of the American Association . . . Tossed 20 games with a 1-2 record, a 4.26 ERA and five saves . . . Accumulated 19 innings and struck out 31 with just four walks . . . Had a career-best 1.9 walks per nine innings and 14.7 strikeouts per nine.
- Made his debut in the Atlantic League with Southern Maryland . . . Went 3-2 in a career-high 50 appearances . . . Tied for ninth in the ALPB in appearances . . . Posted a career-best 2.15 ERA and struck out 66 in 54.1 innings while allowing just 23 walks . . . His contract was purchased by the Cubs on 1/27/20.
- Promoted to AA Frisco (Texas) where he went 5-1 with a 6.08 ERA in 29 appearances . . . Threw 37.0 innings and walked 42 while striking out 22.
- Put together a 4-3 record with a 2.93 ERA in 42 appearances at A+ Down East (Carolina) in Kinston . . . Pitched exclusively out of the pen and earned nine saves . . . Fanned 76 in 55.1 innings while allowing 34 hits and just 32 walks . . . Finished the year with Surprise in the Arizona Fall League where he was 1-1 with a save and a 4.50 ERA in 10 games . . . Was fourth in the Carolina league in appearances and seventh in saves.
- Spent the entire season at A Hickory (South Atlantic) where he posted a 2-2 record and a 3.32 ERA out of the bullpen . . . Earned one save . . . Fanned 74 in 59.2 innings and walked 38 . . . Appeared in 35 games over the course of the season.
- Drafted and signed by the Texas Rangers in the 14th round with the 408th overall pick . . . Appeared in 11 games for the Sooners, posting a 3-1 record in six starts with a 2.51 ERA and 53 strikeouts in 43 innings . . . Went six innings in a win over BYU (3/10/15) while allowing one unearned run on four hits and three walks with seven strikeouts . . . Fanned a career-high 10 in six shutout innings vs. Oral Roberts (3/10/15) . . . Added 10 strikeouts in a win vs. Central Arkansas (3/31/15) . . . Threw six shutout winnings in a win over Alcorn State (4/22/15) . . . Fanned five in three scoreless relief innings vs. TCU (5/16/15) . . . Finished his college career with a 9-8 record and 4.58 ERA while striking out 164 in 149.1 innings . . . Started his professional career with the Texas Rangers with A- Spokane in the Northwest League . . . Went 4-0 in 16 appearances, all in relief . . . Garnered three saves as well . . . Struck out 35 in 33 innings while allowing just eight runs and 29 hits . . . Walked 23 and finished with a 2.18 ERA.
- Drafted in the 32nd round of the MLB Draft by the Chicago White Sox following a 3-4 season at Oklahoma . . . Struck out 76 in 72.1 innings . . . Posted an 8-2 win over Seton Hall (2/15/14) . . . Also earned wins over Santa Clara (2/28/14), Kansas (3/29/14)
- Appeared in 12 games in 2013 with 10 starts and 34 innings pitched… started the year 3-0 and finished with a 3-3 record… recorded 36 strikeouts and an ERA of 5.56… threw 6.2 innings of one-run ball against Northwestern State (3/17) with eight strikeouts and allowed only three hits in the win… struck out six while giving up zero earned runs and only one hit in a win against Arkansas Pine Bluff (2/19).
- Redshirted at Oklahoma.
- Three-year letterwinner at Billy Ryan High School under head coach Bret Warnack … recorded 30 strikeouts and six walks in 23 innings with a 0.50 ERA as a senior … selected first team all-district and second team all-state as a senior … named 2008 Newcomer of the Year and Pitcher of the Year … played basketball in high school and was named first team all-district in 2009 … named 2008 district newcomer of the year … team was three-time District Champions in 2009, 2010 and 2011.